Simple Yet Effective Technology
Patented design elements make Micromax take water and shed debris better. It stands out from the rest, even though it’s invisible from the street!
How It Works
The pitched design of MicroMax allows water to flow in one direction on a single path until it hits the first downward channel. The unique downward direction of the filter allows for the majority of water to filter at this intital point. For the remaining water, the downward channels and the continuous chain of checkmarks pattern in the mesh allow for water to pool to the point where it becomes so heavy that gravity forces it down through into the gutter. If there is heavy rain, the water will hit the wall of the lower downward channel and be redirected into the gutter.
What Sets Us Apart
- Multi-point mounting system: MicroMax’s multi-point mounting system is vital. It adds to the overall strength and sturdiness of the product and adds the legendary pitch that MicroMax is known for.
- Stainless steel filtration: Stainless steel lasts longer than powder coated steel or expanded or punched aluminum gutter guards, which may rust or corrode over time. MicroMax is made to outlast other gutter guards.
- Rigidity and strength from downward channels and patterned design: Downward channels and the patterned design strengthen MicroMax and make it more rigid than the design of a flat filter, since bending metal makes it stronger. This prevents any bowing or curving of the product, even with repeated wear from heavy loads of snow and any amount of debris.
- Perfect pitch: The pitched design of the product, though invisible once installed, allows for debris to naturally blow or fall off, which means that MicroMax will require less hands-on maintenance than a flat filter would as it can, in a way, self-clean.
Cutting Edge Technology
MicroMax comes in two different installation types: (1) drop-in & (2) flat back. While the drop-in option is mounted to the fascia and gutter lip over a 5 or 6 inch gutter, the flat back option is placed under the shingles and mounted to the gutter lip.
Note: 5- and 6- inch gutters are the most common gutter sizes in the US.
Size & Color Options
Drop-in comes in the 5-inch size in aluminum or copper and in the 6-inch size in aluminum.
Flat back comes in aluminum and copper, and fits 5- and 6- inch gutters. Also fits half round gutters.
- Pine & Fir Needles
- Maple Seedlings
- Oak Tassels
- Mosquitos & Other Disease-Carrying Insects
- Birds, Squirrels & Other Pests
- Shingle Grit
Due to the fine mesh filter.
Water. LOTS of water.
…and Nothing Else!
The MicroMax Patents
We take the commitment Alex Higginbotham and Karen Sager have made to advancing the field and patent protecting their innovations seriously. Here’s the necessary legalize: In accordance with Section 287(a) of Title 35 of the United States Code, the reader is hereby placed on notice of MGP Manufacturing LLC, Karen Sager and Edward Higginbotham’s rights in the United States Patents listed on this site and associated with these gutter guard products.
Patent 8,312,677 Non Clogging Screen
Patent 9,010,029 Self Cleaning Shield
Other US patents pending
MGP Manufacturing patents and patent applications are insured by Intellectual Property Insurance Service Corporation.